Spaghetti Squash Chicken Tetrazzini
This recipe is one of Denice's favorites and it is great reheated.
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese
5 cups cooked spaghetti squash, drained of excess moisture
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Seasoning: salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook and stir for our 6 minutes, until chicken has fully cooked and mushrooms have softened.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and remaining seasonings, including remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese has melted and sauce is uniform, about 1 minute.
- Place spaghetti squash in a large bowl. Add contents of the skillet, and stir to coat.
- Transfer to the baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.